Community Bulletin Board
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
- Free Photography Classes at Library
- OLLI Winter Registration
- Food Hub Coming to Waterbury
- Drought Warning in Waterbury
- Dreamgirls at Thomaston Opera House
- Opioid Forum 9/26
- Literacy Volunteers Recruitment Event
- Giacomi Earns Independent Party Endorsement
More than 1,200 law enforcement officers representing more than 100 communities across Connecticut are expected to participate in the 2012 Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Connecticut, Wednesday through Friday, June 6 to 8.
Column By John Murray
Waterbury Mayor Michael Jarjura is seeking a record sixth consecutive term.
(Editor’s note - the following observations by John Murray were sharpened by dozens of interviews and conversations with political insiders throughout Waterbury)
After serving ten years as mayor of Waterbury one might think that Mike Jarjura had a firm grip on the local Democratic Party - his party - but you’d be wrong. As we careen towards election day 2011 Mayor Jarjura faces a revolution within the Democratic Party - much of it his own creation.