Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Daisy Cocco De Filippis
NVCC First Year Experience Course Keeps Students On Track to Graduation
Students who enroll in and successfully complete their First Year Experience (FYE) course are more likely to return to college the next semester, according to a study done by NVCC’s Office of Institutional Research (OIR).
David Mieczkowski, president of SMA, and Daisy Cocco De Filippis, Ph.D., president of NVCC, signed a one-year lease agreement on Fri., Jan. 11.
The Smaller Manufacturers Association (SMA) has officially relocated its headquarters to Naugatuck Valley Community College as of January 15, 2013. The Association's executive director, Cyndi Zoldy, now resides in NVCC Technology Hall, which also houses the newly built Advanced Manufacturing Technology Center and the College's engineering programs and labs.
Naugatuck Valley Community College has been awarded the honor of a Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence for the 2012-13 academic year. The Fulbright program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Government.
Naugatuck Valley Community College is the first Connecticut community college to host a Scholar-in-Residence. The Fulbright program awards approximately 900 grants to Visiting Scholars each year from 130 countries worldwide.