Community Bulletin Board
- Waterbury Girls Club Seeks Alumnae
- Toy Drive at New Opportunities, Inc.
- Films on Civil Rights at Historical Society
- Waterbury Speed Skater trains for '18 Olympics
- 'Hearts for Holy Land' Raises $1,300
- Habitat for Humanity Announces New Director
- Food Network Winners Champion 'Dora's Hope'
- Miracle on 34th Street at Thomaston Opera House
- “Click It Or Ticket” for Seat Belt Use
- New Opportunities Inc. Toy Drive
- Palace Theater Announces December Shows
- Dr. Lavoie Speaks at Forman School
Dr. Peter Jacoby and Paul Largay drove through a gauntlet of enthusiastic high school cheerleaders yesterday afternoon as they arrived at the Green in downtown Waterbury. Jacoby and Largay were representing the city of Waterbury in the Fireball Run , a road rally adventure involving 14 stops from September 21st to September 29th. The mission of the rally is to draw attention to missing children.
One of Waterbury’s “Fireball Run Adventurally” teams, the Spin Doctors, pose outside their road rally vehicle on Thursday, September 13, prior to sending it to the start destination in Independence, Ohio. Team members Paul Largay, left, and Dr. Peter Jacoby, right, stand with Waterbury Regional Chamber President & CEO Lynn Ward. Forty teams of drivers participating in the epic “Fireball Run” 8-day, 14-city, 2,500 mile interactive adventure, game and full-length feature film will arrive at the Waterbury Green at 3:00 PM on Thursday, September 27. Free family-oriented festivities will be held that afternoon from 3:00 to 7:00 PM, including a “KidVenture” Scavenger Hunt from 3:30 to 6:00 PM. For information, visit www.waterburyfireballrun.com.
From left to right: Peter Baker, CEO of Crystal Rock, Joe Gugliotti, Managing Member of Worx Branding & Advertising, Paul Largay, President of Largay Travel, Dr. Peter Jacoby, Chairman of Emergency Medicine at St. Mary's Health System, Dave Lepore, Owner of Roma Ristorante, and John Zinno, Jr., CPA, Audit Partner at BlumShapiro