Community Bulletin Board
- 'Hearts for Holy Land' Raises $1,300
- Habitat for Humanity Announces New Director
- Food Network Winners Champion 'Dora's Hope'
- Miracle on 34th Street at Thomaston Opera House
- “Click It Or Ticket” for Seat Belt Use
- New Opportunities Inc. Toy Drive
- Palace Theater Announces December Shows
- Dr. Lavoie Speaks at Forman School
- NVCC Nursing Class Earns Top Marks
- Discovery Friday at Barnes & Noble
- Students Learn from 'Iron Chef' Competition
- Area Resident on 'Gift of Adoption' Nat'l Board
By John Murray
Lugging a dream around in your head for 15 years is tiring. The only path to freedom is to hurl yourself towards the fire and either transform the dream into reality, or fail trying. A dream without effort will never materialize, so it was with a sense of relief that I unchained one of my dreams last Autumn, and set out to create a multi-cultural festival in Waterbury celebrating the extraordinary diversity of the people living and working in the city.
Photographs by Saranda Belica
General Eddi Zyko was honored inside Waterbury City Hall yesterday morning as the Kosovo Mayor for the Day. The General is pictured here with his wife Paulette, and the couple have four children, Erin, Eileen, Emily and Eddi Jr..
Victor Cuevas toppled four-term incumbent State Representative David Aldarando in today's Democratic primary for the 75th District in Waterbury's South End. Photographs by John Murray
State Representative David Aldarondo, middle, is facing a challenge today in a Democrat primary to control the 75th District town committee. Bottom line - Victor Cuevas is gunning to take Aldarondo's seat in Hartford.
Story and Photographs By John Murray
Super Tuesday might decide which Republican candidate squares of against Barack Obama for the presidency in November. Ten states hold primaries and caucuses today, and 419 delegates are up for grabs -- more than all the contests to date combined. In Waterbury, far from the media spotlight, another primary is being waged in the south end of the city that may have reverberations on local politics for decades to come.