Community Bulletin Board
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
- 25th Anniversary of the Rivera Memorial Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Dog Listener coming to Silas Bronson February 21st
- The Wildest Opens TONIGHT at Seven Angels Theatre
Community Bulletin Board
Here’s the scoop: the Jimmy Fund is looking for area schools, youth groups, college organizations and clubs, and other student organizations to participate in the Jimmy Fund Scooper Schools Program. Now in its tenth year, the Jimmy Fund Scooper Schools Program provides New England students the opportunity to earn free admission for a day at the Jimmy Fund Scooper Bowl presented by Walgreens, by planning and participating in fundraising projects for the Jimmy Fund.
On March 8, 2015, from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. Sweet Maria’s Bakery will host an event to kick off its “Cakes for Kids” charity initiative, a program that will benefit patients at the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center at St. Mary’s Hospital in Waterbury. The event, which will also mark the 25th anniversary of the business, will be held at Sweet Maria’s Bakery located at 159 Manor Avenue in Waterbury, CT.
Autism Speaks, the world’s leading autism advocacy organization, is announcing the 6th Annual Western Connecticut Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event which is scheduled for Monday, March 16, 2015. The informational event will take place at the Vasi's Restaurant, 1700 Watertown Ave., Waterbury , Conn. from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
SHRINE Asian Kitchen, Lounge, and Nightclub, High Rollers Luxury Lanes and Lounge, and Scorpion Bar at Foxwoods Resort Casino are recognized in the esteemed Nightclub & Bar Top 100 list, the nation’s only annual revenue-based listing of high-grossing nightlife venues.
The loss of a life-long partner and spouse brings about so many changes. Taking care of yourself and being open to new experiences can be challenging. Starting Monday, March 23, 2015 at 10am, Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care, in partnership with the Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center, will host a six week grief support group for those who have lost their spouse or partner.