Community Bulletin Board
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
- Poetry Slam Competition
Waterbury Police Department
NAACP Opposes Use
Of Taser Gun
Photographs By John Murray
Connecticut NAACP President Scot X Esdaile addresses a media throng in front of the Waterbury Police Department, May 16th, to call for an investigation into the taser gun killing of Marcus Brown. Esdaile called the taser gun a "tool of torture".
The Monster Behind The Mask
By John Murray
For the past year friends and family of John Regan stood by his side after he was arrested for allegedly raping Donna Palomba, the wife of one of his best friends. The charge was so outrageously off the wall, and despicable, that many people in the community refused to believe he had committed the crime.
To Catch A Monster
Excellent Work By The Waterbury Police Department Leads To Arrest In Controversial 1993 Rape Case
Story by John Murray
At the end of another long day at police headquarters, Neil O'Leary climbed into his car and headed home. For the past 15 months, O'Leary had served as the acting chief of the Waterbury Police Department. As he headed home on that September night two months ago, O'Leary, 46, had a lot on his mind. The city had begun testing 11 candidates for the permanent chief's job, and O'Leary was stressed about taking the oral and written exams.