Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
J. Paul Vance Jr.
Waterbury Mayor Mike Jarjura Is Switching Political Parties. Will Seek Re-election As A Republican In November
Story By John Murray
The Waterbury Observer has confirmed that Waterbury Mayor Michael Jarjura is switching political parties and will head the Republican ticket in November. The official announcement was originally scheduled for Wednesday, May 25th, but when two top GOP lawmakers – Tony D’Amelio and Selim Noujaim – couldn’t make it, the press conference was re-scheduled for May 31st, at Waterbury City Hall.
Carl Rosa Voted Person Of The Year
By John Murray
Every year the Observer publishes a readers' survey in March and April to gauge the feelings of greater Waterbury. We ask our readers to name the Best Thing To Happen In Waterbury this past year, and on the flip side, we ask them to identify The Worst Thing To Happen in Waterbury during the past year.