Community Bulletin Board
- A.L. Davroe Book-signing
- Hartley on Manufacturing
- Easter Bunny Express
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
Photographs By John Murray
Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary was sworn in to a second term in office yesterday afternoon during a ceremony at Kennedy High School. O'Leary captured nearly 70% of the vote on election day and has a clear mandate to continue the projects and issues his administration has been implementing.
Waterbury Mayor Mike Jarjura is a five-term incumbent, and after switching to the Republican Party in June, Jarjura is seeking a record sixth consecutive term in office. Last night while accepting the GOP nomination Jarjura was animated, engaged and fired up. For much of the past ten years his public speeches amounted to singling out local and state dignitaries in the crowd for acknowledgement. Last night, Mayor Jarjura uncorked a blistering speech that he wrote late Monday night after the Board of Aldermen meeting.