Community Bulletin Board
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
Loraine Shea of Waterbury Hospital, chairperson of the Waterbury Regional Chamber’s Health Care Council (HCC), and Lynn Ward, president and CEO of the Waterbury Regional Chamber, announced that the Chamber will host their 8th Annual Members’ Breakfast and Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, June 18, 8:00 a.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Southbury, Conn.
Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary helps Kathy Thomas, left, Susan Santoro, and Lynn Ward of the Waterbury Chamber of Commerce perform a ceremonial ribbon cutting at Froyo World on West Main Street in Waterbury. Thomas and Santoro are partners in Froyo World. Photographs by John Murray.
The Manufacturing Council of the Waterbury Regional Chamber, chaired by Rich Dupont of Resource Development Associates, will host their second annual STEM/Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Expo on Thursday, November 15, to promote job opportunities in these industries to Waterbury area high school and college students, Connecticut’s future workforce. The Expo will include two timely seminars for manufacturers, and will be held at the CoCo Key Water Resort, Hotel & Convention Center at 3580 East Main Street in Waterbury from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Dr. Peter Jacoby and Paul Largay drove through a gauntlet of enthusiastic high school cheerleaders yesterday afternoon as they arrived at the Green in downtown Waterbury. Jacoby and Largay were representing the city of Waterbury in the Fireball Run , a road rally adventure involving 14 stops from September 21st to September 29th. The mission of the rally is to draw attention to missing children.
One of Waterbury’s “Fireball Run Adventurally” teams, the Spin Doctors, pose outside their road rally vehicle on Thursday, September 13, prior to sending it to the start destination in Independence, Ohio. Team members Paul Largay, left, and Dr. Peter Jacoby, right, stand with Waterbury Regional Chamber President & CEO Lynn Ward. Forty teams of drivers participating in the epic “Fireball Run” 8-day, 14-city, 2,500 mile interactive adventure, game and full-length feature film will arrive at the Waterbury Green at 3:00 PM on Thursday, September 27. Free family-oriented festivities will be held that afternoon from 3:00 to 7:00 PM, including a “KidVenture” Scavenger Hunt from 3:30 to 6:00 PM. For information, visit www.waterburyfireballrun.com.
Lynn Ward, president and CEO of The Waterbury Regional Chamber announced that the CEO of Main Street Waterbury, Carl Rosa, will receive the Chamber’s Leadership Greater Waterbury Alumni of the Year Award for 2011. Rosa will receive his recognition during the June 15 graduation at Post University of the Leadership Greater Waterbury Leadership Class of 2011. General Public Welcome to Graduation at Post University 5:30 PM