Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Senator Joe Markley
Senator Joe Markley (R-Southington) released the following statement today re: an amendment to stop the New Britain to Hartford Busway and transfer funding to the Department of Transportation to improve deficient state roads and bridges.
“The issue is: is this the right priority for spending in Connecticut? I think it’s irresponsible for us, whatever the political pressures that are on us to spend money on this 9.4 mile busway boondoggle.
Senator Joe Markley (R-Southington) joined hundreds in Hartford on March 23 as part of the National Rally for Religious Freedom. Sen. Markley addressed the crowd from the base of a statue honoring Revolutionary War hero Casimir Pulsaki.
The middle class gets hit – again
By Senator Joe Markley
On August 1, our taxes went up again.
This time, it’s not the sales tax—that increased July 1. Now it’s our income tax rates which have been raised. You can thank years of overspending by both parties, and the refusal this year of the governor and the Democratic legislative majority to cut state spending.
Markley Lawsuit Dismissed
The Connecticut State Supreme Court today upheld the decision of the Superior Court dismissing the lawsuit brought by State Senator Joe Markley (R-16) against the Department of Public Utility Control. (DPUC)
Stop The Bus
Senator Joe Markley (R-16) and Representative Whit Betts (R-78) have co-signed a letter written to House Speaker John Boehner. The legislators are urging the House Speaker to reject $460 million in federal funding for a Connecticut busway project linking New Britain to Hartford.