Community Bulletin Board
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
Webster Bank CEO Jim Smith and Baltimore Oriole pitching coach Dave Wallace.
The Waterbury Hall of Fame inducted four new members at a ceremony inside the Mattatuck Museum this afternoon; Daniel Buck the co-founder of The Waterbury Clock Company, Gerald Lamb, the first African-American elected to state office in American history, Dave Wallace, right, pitching coach of the World Champion Boston Red Sox in 2004 (and currently pitching coach of the Baltimore Orioles), and Webster Bank CEO Jim Smith (left).
Debbie Grazier, Riverhouse Catering’s General Manager
Café service returns to the Mattatuck Museum with the grand opening & ribbon cutting of Riverhouse Café @ The MATT on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Taste samples from the Café's menu which features cool salads, piping hot soups, hearty sandwiches and gourmet desserts
The Mattatuck Museum is pleased to reintroduce the popular singer-songwriter-guitarist Willie Nininger on Monday, March 17, 2014 from 5:30-7:30 pm. To celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, Willie and Jan “O’Nininger” along with percussionist Ken “McMelton” will perform an Irish celebration of music. Willie and Jan are popular in the area, performing a variety of music.
Join the Mattatuck Museum for the opening reception of three spring exhibitions on Thursday, March 13, 2014 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. The opening celebration will feature a conversation with museum curator Dr. Cynthia Roznoy, artist Stephanie Brody-Lederman and collector Ken Ratner at 6:30 p.m. Mary Daniel, curator of Fancy This will also talk about costumes in that exhibition.
Visit the Mattatuck Museum on Sunday, March 9, 2014 for Community Free Day. The second Sunday of every month is always free admission from noon-5 p.m. All of the museum galleries and exhibitions are open to families and visitors of all ages with special family programming planned for the day.
This month join Museum Director Bob Burns for a discussion on the beautiful changing exhibition, Albert Bierstadt in New York & New England, on view at the Mattatuck Museum through March 2, 2014.
Visit the Mattatuck Museum for Second Sunday – Community Free Day
Visit the Mattatuck Museum on Sunday, February 9, 2014 for Second Sunday Community Free Day. The second Sunday of every month is always free admission from noon-5 p.m. All of the museum galleries and exhibitions are open to families and visitors of all ages with special family programming planned for the day.