Community Bulletin Board
- Waterbury Residents Save on Prescriptions
- $25,000 Grant to Mattatuck Historical Society
- Exchange Club to Host P.R. Specialist
- Easter Seals Aid Fund & Scholarships
- Scholarship Opportunity for High School Seniors
- Legislators Announce Funding for Waterbury
- Opening for 3 Spring Exhibitions at Museum
- Music @ The Matt: Pianist Julian Toha
- Palace Theater's April Events
- Public Hearing to be held for 'Common Core'
- CONNfection Food & Wine Event~March 27
- Mattatuck Museum 'Free Day' features Landscapes
Governor Dan Malloy
Governor Dan Malloy during an interfaith prayer vigil. Photograph courtesy of Yahoo
Governor Dan Malloy is asking the State of Connecticut to participate in a moment of silence on Friday, December 21, at 9:30 a.m. and ring bells 26 times in memory of the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Governor Elect Dan Malloy is certainly facing some tough challenges as he starts his new administration. He inherits a pretty sizeable budget deficit, a state roiling in a sluggish economy that is perceived by many to be “non-business friendly”, and very high unemployment, particularly in our region of Connecticut.