Community Bulletin Board
- Waterbury Girls Club Seeks Alumnae
- Toy Drive at New Opportunities, Inc.
- Films on Civil Rights at Historical Society
- Waterbury Speed Skater trains for '18 Olympics
- 'Hearts for Holy Land' Raises $1,300
- Habitat for Humanity Announces New Director
- Food Network Winners Champion 'Dora's Hope'
- Miracle on 34th Street at Thomaston Opera House
- “Click It Or Ticket” for Seat Belt Use
- New Opportunities Inc. Toy Drive
- Palace Theater Announces December Shows
- Dr. Lavoie Speaks at Forman School
Governor Dan Malloy
Governor Dan Malloy during an interfaith prayer vigil. Photograph courtesy of Yahoo
Governor Dan Malloy is asking the State of Connecticut to participate in a moment of silence on Friday, December 21, at 9:30 a.m. and ring bells 26 times in memory of the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Governor Elect Dan Malloy is certainly facing some tough challenges as he starts his new administration. He inherits a pretty sizeable budget deficit, a state roiling in a sluggish economy that is perceived by many to be “non-business friendly”, and very high unemployment, particularly in our region of Connecticut.