Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
The Observer just received the following press release from the Waterbury PD.....
"On December 27, 2016 at approximately 1400 hours the Waterbury Police received a complaint of a body found in a bathroom shower stall located in a second floor apartment at 475 East Main Street. Upon arrival officers observed the body of the victim identified as Luis Rodriguez (07/30/1957) located in the bathroom shower stall suffering from significant trauma to his head.
The Waterbury police have obtained an arrest warrant charging Ismail Abdus-Sabur (5/8/79) of NYC with murder for the shooting death of Kareem Morey (age 38) which occurred Friday night in the area of 17 Chestnut Avenue.
Waterbury Police are investigating a murder that occurred late Friday night in the rear of the brick apartment building located at the corner of Chestnut Avenue and Johnson Street. Kareem Morey (age 38) (pictured here) of Waterbury was shot once in the upper chest and was driven by friends to St. Mary’s Hospital where he later died as a result of his injuries.
Waterbury PD are actively searching for Philip Grundy.
Waterbury Police have obtained an arrest warrant charging Philip Grundy (7/12/74) of 18 James Street 2nd floor, Waterbury, with Murder and Assault 1st for the fatal stabbing of one male and the serious stabbing of another male last night in the area of 23 James Street.