Community Bulletin Board
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
- Poetry Slam Competition
Sandy Hook Elementary School
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) Commissioner William M. Rubenstein and Attorney General George Jepsen are cautioning residents that scammers may already be seeking to exploit the Sandy Hook Elementary School tragedy for their own purposes.
“This is a time of mourning for the people of Newtown and for our entire state,” said Attorney General Jepsen. “Unfortunately, it’s also a time when bad actors may seek to exploit those coping with this tragedy. We are very thankful for all of the offers to help and urge those looking for ways to help to take some simple precautions to ensure that their donations will find their way to those in need.”
Governor Dan Malloy during an interfaith prayer vigil. Photograph courtesy of Yahoo
Governor Dan Malloy is asking the State of Connecticut to participate in a moment of silence on Friday, December 21, at 9:30 a.m. and ring bells 26 times in memory of the victims of Sandy Hook Elementary School.
Photograph by ABC News
Feeling the overwhelming need to take action to help their friends and neighbors, a group of Newtown parents has formed the "My Sandy Hook Family Fund" (http://www.MySandyHookFamilyFund.com). This group is made up of the parents of the children who survived. They are the classmates, friends, coaches, and neighbors of the victims of Friday's massacre. The goal of this Family Fund is to provide immediate and continuing support to the 26 families who lost children and family members in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. All net proceeds donated will go to support the victims' families. Nearly eleven thousand dollars has been raised since the site launched this afternoon.