Community Bulletin Board
- Habitat for Humanity Announces New Director
- Food Network Winners Champion 'Dora's Hope'
- Miracle on 34th Street at Thomaston Opera House
- “Click It Or Ticket” for Seat Belt Use
- New Opportunities Inc. Toy Drive
- Palace Theater Announces December Shows
- Dr. Lavoie Speaks at Forman School
- NVCC Nursing Class Earns Top Marks
- Discovery Friday at Barnes & Noble
- Students Learn from 'Iron Chef' Competition
- Area Resident on 'Gift of Adoption' Nat'l Board
- Swedish Music and Culture at Gunn Library
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.