Community Bulletin Board
- Effort to Make CT a Better Place to Bike/Walk
- Loughran Heads CCF Development
- Waterbury Residents Save on Prescriptions
- $25,000 Grant to Mattatuck Historical Society
- Exchange Club to Host P.R. Specialist
- Easter Seals Aid Fund & Scholarships
- Scholarship Opportunity for High School Seniors
- Legislators Announce Funding for Waterbury
- Opening for 3 Spring Exhibitions at Museum
- Music @ The Matt: Pianist Julian Toha
- Palace Theater's April Events
- Public Hearing to be held for 'Common Core'
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.