Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.