Community Bulletin Board
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
- 25th Anniversary of the Rivera Memorial Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Dog Listener coming to Silas Bronson February 21st
- The Wildest Opens TONIGHT at Seven Angels Theatre
- New Opportunities Announces Kickoff of Buy a Wheel Campaign
- Waterbury Cadet Matthew DiBlanda Takes Command
- Waterbury Firefighters Bring Warmth to Jonathon Reed Students
- LOCAL CIVIL AIR PATROL OFFICERS ARE PART OF HISTORIC ROCKET LAUNCH
- Quilts that Care Meeting on Feb.2nd
- Influential Business CEO Speaker Series
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.