Community Bulletin Board
- Sisters to Sisters Book Club Meets Sept. 8
- Book Signing by Internationally Known Author
- Business Women's Forum ~ Oct. 10th
- Calling All Poets ~ Sept. 3rd
- 7 Angels Theater Honors Najla Noujaim
- Wesson Energy Receives National Award
- Thomaston Svgs. Bank Helps Project Safe Place
- Cornwall Bridge 150th Anniversary Events
- Esty Announces Returns of $2.2 Million
- Post's Polaski is Academic All-American
- Waterbury Police Click It or Ticket
- Women's Forum Names Chairperson
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.