Community Bulletin Board
- Esty Announces Returns of $2.2 Million
- Post's Polaski is Academic All-American
- Waterbury Police Click It or Ticket
- Women's Forum Names Chairperson
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Greater Waterbury Grads ~ Quinnipiac University
- Dolce Salon to Host 'Hair for Hearts' Fundraiser
- Local Photographer featured on Weather Website
- Connecticut Tour de Cure ~ June 8th
- Watertown Fundraisers for Ghana Well Project
- June Events at Naugatuck Museum
- Golf Tournament for Charlotte's Web of Prayer
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.