Community Bulletin Board
- LOCAL CIVIL AIR PATROL OFFICERS ARE PART OF HISTORIC ROCKET LAUNCH
- Quilts that Care Meeting on Feb.2nd
- Influential Business CEO Speaker Series
- 50 Shades Comes to the Palace Theater!
- Staywell Health Care Receives State Grant
- Rep. Noujaim, DEEP Commissioner to Tour Former Brownfield Sites
- Upcoming 'Chicago' Auditions
- Learn to the Art of Mah Jongg
- Indoor Farmer's Market in Litchfield
- Representative Butler Receives Committee Assignments
- Winter Coat Give Away
- Chamber Legistative Breakfast is Coming Up
State Senator Joan Hartley
By John Murray
Waterbury Alderman Greg Hadley, left, helps raise a Pan-African flag at City Hall yesterday as part of the ceremony honoring him as the African-American Mayor for the Day. His wife Karen is on the right, and two of his grandsons are lending a helping hand.
State Senator Joan V. Hartley (D-Waterbury) today announced additional state educational funding for Waterbury city schools. Senator Hartley said with yesterday’s approval, the Waterbury Public Schools system is in line for nearly $4.4 million to underwrite proposals meant to improve student achievement.
Photographs by John Murray
Six-year-old Jordan Hulse clapped his hands in delight after receiving a free bicycle at the "Waterbury On Wheels" event on the Green in downtown Waterbury this morning. The event was a smashing success as the Green was filled with bikes, children, hula hoops, art, jugglers, hot dogs, gyros and smiles.