Community Bulletin Board
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
Community Bulletin Board
One of New Opportunities’ annual campaigns benefiting Meals on Wheels clients is now underway! The fundraiser, “Buy a Wheel” for Meals on Wheels will run through the month of March 2015.
On February 5th 2015, 50 children from low-income families will be outfitted with brand-new winter coats thanks to Waterbury Firefighters Local 1339. Waterbury Firefighters have partnered with Operation Warm, a non- profit organization that has provided new coats to 1.5 million children in need.
The Waterbury Regional Chamber will host their Annual Legislative Breakfast on Friday, January 23, 2015 from 7:45 to 9:30 a.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel at 63 Grand Street in Waterbury. The event provides Chamber members the opportunity to connect with state leaders on their priorities regarding numerous issues that impact the business community, including taxes, workforce development, health care concerns, energy costs, infrastructure funding, and brownfield remediation.
Seven Angels Theatre is proud to bring back the musical Aches and Pains January 16-25. This Stage II Production first seen back in 1997, makes its return with a very talented local cast. Seven Angels Theatre Artistic Director Semina De Laurentis noted, “We are pleased to bring back to our stage this original musical we produced almost 18 years ago. It’s special to reunite some of the original cast members and welcome some new members.
Scholarship applications for the 2015 school year are currently available from the Connecticut Community Foundation in Waterbury.
Students may apply online by visiting www.conncf.org/students. The deadline for re-applicants (students who received CCF awards last year) to apply is February 15, 2015. The deadline for new (first-time) CCF applicants to apply is March 15, 2015.
Acts 4 Ministry Inc. in Waterbury recently received a generous donation from the DaVita Way of Giving. In presenting the donation, the organization stated to Acts 4 Ministry, “In the spirit of the DaVita Way of Giving, our local dialysis clinics are donating $2,000 to Acts 4 Ministry, Inc. for your tremendous support to our patients and community in the Waterbury area with furniture, clothing and encouragement.”
Daniel W. Rezende, Executive Director of the Connecticut Junior Republic, recently announced that the organization is expanding its services for children, youth and families programs in six existing locations, including Waterbury, through the establishment of new Child, Youth and Family Support Centers (CYFSC’s).