Community Bulletin Board
- Hartley on Manufacturing
- Easter Bunny Express
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
Activist Jimmie Griffin is speaking out against Mayor O'Leary's plan to fill a vacancy on the Waterbury Board of Education with an Albanian. Griffin penned the following open letter to the Mayor, which he released today.
Dear Honorable Mayor O' Leary,
In a recent news brief, I was shocked to hear you're preference for a vacancy on Waterbury's Board of Education would be an Albanian. Let me be clear in no way are these comments to be taken as offensive to Waterbury's Albanian population, but I find it a slap in the face to African Americans and Latinos that you would make such a preference when their children comprise more than 75% of the student population, and represented by less than 20% of the school administrators, teachers and board of education members.