Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Local Vineyard's Vintage Express~Naugatuck R.R.
Enjoy this unique experience with Haight-Brown Vineyard on the Naugatuck Railroad, Saturday, May 12. $75 per person, Adults only. Purchase your tickets online www.rmne.org/schedule or by calling (860) 283-7245. Train departs at 2:00 PM.
Meet at Thomaston train station before boarding your 1920's era vintage railroad car. As the whistle blows and the train leaves the station, it begins its route through the scenic Naugatuck Valley, along the byways of the Naugatuck River and up across the face of Thomaston Dam. Be sure to grab a window seat for the great view of the Litchfield Hills or an inside seat to enjoy a glass or two of wines from the vineyard and light appetizers for the ride. After your one hour train ride, you will return to Thomaston station to complete a full wine tasting in the station and plenty of culinary delights by Homemade Gourmet.
This special excursion is hosted by the staff of Haight-Brown Vineyard and the volunteers of the Railroad Museum of New England. Pick up tickets at Thomaston station the day of the event at our Will Call window. Please arrive at the station 30 minutes before departure time of 2:00 PM.
MORE EVENTS from HBV:
• Wine, Cheese, Chocolate class on ITALY is open for reservations at 3pm on Saturday 4/28 and 1:00pm on Sunday 4/29. Call now- we guarantee that you will learn something new as you enjoy the delicious food and wine. $35 per person.
• Cinco de Mayo-Sangria Saturday ! Once again HBV will make our sangria from Picnic Red-enjoy a glass for $6 or add some chips and salsa to munch for $4.00. The fruit is the best part. Come in and get some sangria, munchies and enjoy the back deck or NEW patio with its own seating.
• STRAWBERRY BLISS-release is Mother's Day. Strawberries are forever and the first 100 MOMs into HBV will receive a strawberry plant to take home.
• May 19 th -the every growing, every popular FONDUE (FUNDUE) night. $35 gets you wine tasting, cheese fondue and the chocolate fountain. You won't leave hungry!
• Wine, Cheese, Chocolate class-WISCONSIN rounds out the month on May 26 & 27th. Classes are at 1 & 3pm. Reservations required, $35. Did you know that the Swiss and Germans began to make cheese in Wisconsin in the mid 1800's? Just one of the facts.