Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Chris Donovan Raises Over $940,000
Democratic candidate for the 5th congressional district seat Chris Donovan announced today that he raised more than $232,000 in the first quarter of 2012. In roughly ten months of fundraising, Donovan has raised more than $940,000 from more than 6,400 individual donors, and has more than $610,000 on hand.
In his best quarter yet, Donovan collected donations from more than 2,600 individual donors, again displaying the broad enthusiasm that his campaign enjoys. With an average individual donation of just $61.64, Donovan's campaign is powered by small-dollar donors who will volunteer their time and effort to help him win in August and November. In this quarter, and in the campaign overall, more than 80% of the money raised was raised from within Connecticut.
"The broad support of families from across the Connecticut is the engine that powers Chris Donovan's campaign," said Donovan campaign manager Josh Nassi. "Connecticut's working families know that Chris is the candidate fighting for them - to create good jobs with strong benefits, to protect Social Security and Medicare from Republican attacks, and to make sure they are treated with the dignity and respect that they deserve. Their enthusiastic support demonstrates that Chris is the best candidate to ensure the 5th district seat remains Democratic in November - and that they will fight alongside Chris through November and beyond."