Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Literacy Volunteers: “Uncorked & Unplugged”
The Board of Directors of Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury will present their annual “Uncorked & Unplugged” Wine Dinner and Auction fundraiser on Friday, May 11 at 6:00pm at the Crowne Plaza Southbury. During the event, Stanford Warshasky, a former director of the Silas Bronson Library will be honored with The Gregory and Sabina Lines Service Award in recognition of his many years as a champion for literacy in our community.
Chris Berman of ESPN will serve as the Master of Ceremonies. The evening will also feature a musical performance by the Paul Gabriel Quartet, and both a Live and Silent Auction. Event sponsors include the Waterbury Firefighters Federal Credit Union, Budwitz & Meyerjack CPAs, Anthony Jack’s Restaurant , ITT VEAM, Thomaston Savings Bank, Attorney Brian J. Mongelluzzo and Dr. Philip A. Mongelluzzo Jr., M.D.
Tickets are $65 per person before April 20th and $70 after. Proceeds will benefit the educational programs of Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury.
Founded in 1974, the mission of Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury is to teach adults to read, write, speak and understand English so that they may become better parents, better employees and better citizens.. For information about volunteer opportunities or the “Uncorked & Unplugged” Wine Dinner and Auction, visit www.Lvgwct.org or call 203-754-1164.