Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Terri Neal Whitmire Book Tour in Wtby.
Author, Terri ‘Neal’ Whitmire will be in Waterbury at several events highlighting her latest work “Breathe for Me.” Her first novel focuses on the effects of alcoholism on the upbringing of a young Black woman, as she struggles with the problems of growing up in an uncaring world. To quote from a description of her novel,
“The sweeping current of an alcoholic mother traps Tara Fowler in a wave of abuse and neglect. Deplorable living conditions and perverted values frame her world and place her in a bubble of isolation. But young Tara has an internal force that will not be denied.”
Born and raised in Waterbury, Ms Whitmire is the daughter of Marcia and the late Frank Neal. She attended North Carolina A&T University where she received a B.S. degree in Computer Science. She has written several children’s books, technical books and small group curriculum books. This is her first novel. Her second is scheduled to appear the fall.
• Thursday, April 26, 2012, 5:00 pm – Granville Academy Writing Workshop, The Waterbury Arts Magnet School, 16 South Elm Street
• Friday, April 27, 2012, 9:00 am – WATR radio appearance
• Saturday, April 28, 2012, 3:00 pm – Grace Baptist Church Book Club discussion, 65 Kingsbury Street
• Monday, April 30, 2012, 5:00pm-6:00pm, Images of Beauty Salon and School, 30 Bank Street.
• Monday, April 30, 2012, 6:30 pm – Silas Bronson Library reading and talk, 267 Grand Street.
For information contact Robert H. Wright at 203-574-2382 or firstname.lastname@example.org.