Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
The public is invited to attend a free, interactive six week Live Well Diabetes Workshop to learn new skills to help you take charge of your diabetes. The Live Well Diabetes workshop will be offered at Mount Olive Senior Center, 82-100 Pearl Street in Waterbury on Thursdays, April 27 – June 1, from 10am - 12:30 pm.
Participants with Type 2 diabetes will learn how to control blood sugars including healthy eating, being active, blood sugar goals, how to treat low blood sugar, taking medications, communicating with your health care provider, basic foot care, and sick day guidelines. You make action plans, learn how to problem solve and more. Live Well Diabetes Workshops are also beneficial for caregivers, family, and friends of those with diabetes. Live Well is sponsored by The Western CT Area Agency on Aging, State of CT Dept. on Aging and CT Dept. of Public Health through grants from the Administration on Aging and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The program is an evidence based self-management program developed at Stanford University.
Call today to register for this very interactive and fun class! Participants who attend at least four of the six sessions will be entered in a drawing to win a gift card. Class size is limited and pre-registration is required. To sign up, call 203-528-4817 or 203-753-8460.