Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
NVCC will host the 34th Annual Cactus and Succulent Society Show on April 1st and 2nd. The event is free and open to the public.
Whether you’re a newbie and want to create your first succulent terrarium or you’d like to try your luck and grow your own under lights, the Connecticut Cactus and Succulent Society (CCSS) will hold its 34th annual show and sale at Naugatuck Valley Community College from April 1-2. Admission is free and the public is invited to attend.
The event, featuring free lectures and demonstrations, a judged show, over a dozen vendors, and an auction, runs from 10:00 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
The first 50 families to enter the show each day will receive a free plant, courtesy of the CCSS. The College is located at 750 Chase Parkway in Waterbury. Parking information and directions are available at nv.edu/transportation.
The Cactus and Succulent Society sponsors grants to students in NVCC’s Horticulture Program. NVCC is the only college in Connecticut to offer an associate degree in horticulture, and one of only two horticulture programs in the state. The program prepares students for continuing their education at a four-year university or for employment in landscaping, greenhouses, garden centers, and as landscape designers. Hundreds of students have received training at the College and have gone on to start their own businesses.
For more information on the program, visit nv.edu/horticulture.
The Connecticut Cactus and Succulent Society is an affiliate of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America. The state group meets monthly and hosts local workshops for members, in addition to the annual show and sale. For more information, visit www.ctcactussociety.org.