Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
Quilts that Care has a new headquarters facility at 130 Scott Road, with volunteers who are making quilts and taking classes. They offer two free classes per week and they have made over 168 quilts since January 2017, and 1652 since in 2012. The quilts are donated to people undergoing cancer treatments, bringing them comfort, love and hope—one quilt at a time.
QTC started in 2012 with a few people wanting to make a difference in the lives of people undergoing cancer treatment. Meetings are held at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center twice a month; with satellite meetings in Bristol, Litchfield and New Milford. Their hours are: Saturdays 9am-2pm. It is during this time that skilled quilters teach classes, answer questions and mentor beginners. The rooms are set up with sewing and embroidery machines, with fabrics, backings, and battings.
Volunteers who want to help make quilts for cancer patients are always needed. Sewing skills are not require… people can coordinate materials, iron fabrics or put together quilt kits. Our volunteers coordinate materials, use cutting machines for fabrics, put together kits for quilts, sandwich tops and backings, hand or embroider labels.
Donations of 100% cotton material or batting, sewing and quilting machines, or fabric shop gift cards are appreciated. If you wish to make donation in the memory of a loved one, or just a monetary donation, that can be done through PayPal at quiltsthatcare.org or a check mailed to Quilts That Care, Inc. PO Box 166 Watertown, CT 06795. You can also help Quilts That Care by shopping on Amazon Smiles. A portion of your sale will be donated to the organization.
For more information: www.facebook.com/QuiltsThatCare/ or email QTCContact@gmail.com.