Community Bulletin Board
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
- Poetry Slam Competition
Food Hub Coming to Waterbury
State Representatives Jeff Berger (D-Waterbury), Larry Butler (D-Waterbury), Geraldo Reyes (D-Waterbury) and Senator Joan Hartley (D-Waterbury, Middlebury, Naugatuck) are pleased to announce that funding was approved for a major food hub facility in Waterbury.
“This facility is something that Waterbury doesn’t currently have - a center for food production that will offer healthy choices and will also meet federal requirements for food distribution that will benefit a large regional need,” Rep. Berger said. “I thank my legislative colleagues that worked hard to make this happen.”
“There are many residents that have transportation difficulties and cannot get to locations to buy the fresh food that will be available at this hub,” Rep. Reyes said. “I look forward to seeing the positive impact this center will have on the district and residents in the area.”
"Creation of the a regional food hub will be a boost when it comes to providing local, fresh produce for the residents in this area, as well as for the retailers that this facility will serve," Governor Malloy said. "I am glad that we can continue to support the region with this grant."
The Brass City Harvest Regional Food Hub on South Main Street will be a multi-faceted facility that will incorporate processing and productive space and a distribution and retail food market. It is expected to create 24 permanent jobs. $1.7 million was approved by the State Bond Commission in a meeting to be held on Tuesday, November 15th. The Brass City Harvest Regional Food Hub is on Bond Commission Agenda Item #28.