Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
Independent Party Nominates Lessard for State Rep in 75th
The Independent Party announced at their caucus on Sunday March 20 that Lisa M. Lessard was unanimously chosen to be their candidate in a special election for State Representative in the 75th District in Waterbury.
Lessard has been a resident of the 75th District for 16 years, is an active participant in community activities, is on the Board of Directors of the Mohawk Park Community Club, and is an Executive Board and Education Committee Member of Waterbury’s Chapter of the NAACP. Lessard has attended numerous Board of Aldermen and Board of Education meetings and workshops and has worked tirelessly on behalf of the taxpayers in the 75th District and the city as a whole.
The Independent Party is pleased to have Lessard representing their party and looks forward to supporting her efforts to be the next State Representative from the 75th District pending the outcome of the April 26th Special Election to fill the vacancy that exists today.