Community Bulletin Board
- Memphis Opens in Thomaston
- Chamber Awards 2015
- Tina Agati Honored By Main Street Waterbury
- Dr. Jane Goodall Returns to WCSU
- Volunteer of the Year
- Grant Helps Waterbury
- Elizabeth Richard, Inc. Opening in Woodbury Saturday
- Book Talk and Book Fair with Talk Show Host Kara Sundlun
- Old State House Explores CT Slave Trade Involvement
- Hundreds Walk for Stronger Babies at Quassy
- Acts 4 Ministry Acquires Box Truck Through Ion Bank Grant
- Indoor Farmers' Market in Litchfield
David Martin Sworn In As Waterbury's New Fire Chief
A New Day
David Martin originally wanted to be a Waterbury police officer. In preparation for the police exam, Martin decided to practice by taking a fire department exam. After passing both tests, Martin decided to join the fire department because "no one shoots bullets at a fire scene." Now more than two decades later, Martin was sworn in as chief of the Waterbury Fire Department, on April 28th, in front of a packed aldermanic chambers in the newly renovated City Hall.
Mayor Jarjura's chief of staff, Joe Geary, helping to plan the ceremony.
Mayor Mike Jarjura welcomed the gathering before searing Martin in.
New Waterbury Fire Chief David Martin being sworn in.
Martin's youngest daughter checks out her Dad.
Anna Martin helped pin her father's new badge on while Melissa Martin looked on.
The audience erupted in applause after Martin was sworn in.
Martin spoke of his career and said he hopes he can create an environment in the department where firefighters will think back as "the golden age of their careers".
Melissa Martin smiles at her daughter Anna while her husband spoke to the gathering.
Alderman Joe Begnal was one of the many well wishers to bear hug Martin.