Community Bulletin Board
- All-Star Transportation Expanding Services
- African-Americans Save Ourselves Forum on Thursday
- Acts 4 Ministry Inc. Receives Generous Donation
- Local Football Players Earn Postseason Honors
- CJR Expanding Services
- Vendors Wanted for Chocolate Expo
- Click It Or Ticket!
- Grants for Kaynor Tech
- Red Carpet Exhibitions @ The Mattatuck Museum
- Get The Facts About Ebola at Saint Mary's Hospital
- Waterbury Branch of Metro North Rail Gets On Track
- Verizon's Holiday Food Drive
David Martin Sworn In As Waterbury's New Fire Chief
A New Day
David Martin originally wanted to be a Waterbury police officer. In preparation for the police exam, Martin decided to practice by taking a fire department exam. After passing both tests, Martin decided to join the fire department because "no one shoots bullets at a fire scene." Now more than two decades later, Martin was sworn in as chief of the Waterbury Fire Department, on April 28th, in front of a packed aldermanic chambers in the newly renovated City Hall.
Mayor Jarjura's chief of staff, Joe Geary, helping to plan the ceremony.
Mayor Mike Jarjura welcomed the gathering before searing Martin in.
New Waterbury Fire Chief David Martin being sworn in.
Martin's youngest daughter checks out her Dad.
Anna Martin helped pin her father's new badge on while Melissa Martin looked on.
The audience erupted in applause after Martin was sworn in.
Martin spoke of his career and said he hopes he can create an environment in the department where firefighters will think back as "the golden age of their careers".
Melissa Martin smiles at her daughter Anna while her husband spoke to the gathering.
Alderman Joe Begnal was one of the many well wishers to bear hug Martin.