Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
Sisters to Sisters Book Club Meets Sept. 8
Sisters to Sisters Book Club
Cutting for Stone
by Abraham Verghese
Twin brothers born of a secret union between a beautiful Indian nun and
a brash British surgeon are orphaned by their mother’s death and their
father’s disappearance in this first novel. They share a fascination with
medicine as they come of age as Ethiopia hovers on the brink of revolution.
This story of love and betrayal, medicine and miracles moves from Addis
Ababa to New York City and back again.
Physician, author, educator Abraham Verghese was born in Addis Ababa,
the son of an Indian couple recruited by Emperor Haile Selassie to teach in Ethiopia. He has also lived in India and the U.S.
Monday, September 8 – 6:00 p.m.
Silas Bronson Library - Mezzanine
267 Grand St., Waterbury, CT