Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
Sisters to Sisters Book Club Meets Sept. 8
Sisters to Sisters Book Club
Cutting for Stone
by Abraham Verghese
Twin brothers born of a secret union between a beautiful Indian nun and
a brash British surgeon are orphaned by their mother’s death and their
father’s disappearance in this first novel. They share a fascination with
medicine as they come of age as Ethiopia hovers on the brink of revolution.
This story of love and betrayal, medicine and miracles moves from Addis
Ababa to New York City and back again.
Physician, author, educator Abraham Verghese was born in Addis Ababa,
the son of an Indian couple recruited by Emperor Haile Selassie to teach in Ethiopia. He has also lived in India and the U.S.
Monday, September 8 – 6:00 p.m.
Silas Bronson Library - Mezzanine
267 Grand St., Waterbury, CT