Community Bulletin Board
- Book Signing Supports Sacred Heart
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
'Working in a New Land' Immigration in CT
Historically, the state of Connecticut has offered opportunities for immigrant workers on farms, in brass and textile mills, and in firearms factories. Today, the promise of a better life in America represents opportunities and many challenges, but immigrant workers continue to shape the way we work in Connecticut.
Join us for this conversation, moderated by Connecticut Humanities program officer Susan Muro, that looks back on the contributions made by new Americans and tackles issues that surround their work today. Panelists will include Mui Mui Hin-McCormick, executive director of the Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission, and Leeza Chernova a student who emigrated from the Ukraine. Bring your questions, bring your own family story, and share experiences that have shaped work as we know it in Connecticut.
This program is part of CT at Work, a Connecticut Humanities Initiative. CT at Work is a year-long conversation taking place across the state that explores the working lives of Connecticut citizens in the past and today through book discussions, music, films, and more. For more information about these programs, see the website at http://cthumanities.org/ctatwork.
This program is free, but registration is required. To register, please call (860) 567-4501 or email email@example.com.
The Litchfield Historical Society is located at 7 South St., Litchfield, CT. For more information about this or other programs, please see our website at www.litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org.