Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
Historical Society’s Collection Now Online
The Litchfield Historical Society is pleased to announce the launch of Collection Space, a new online searchable database that makes viewable to the public information about items held in the museum collection.
Only a small percentage of the museum’s rich collection can be on view in the museum at one time and this new tool allows users to explore the wide array of objects preserved at the Historical Society. Through the keyword and advanced search functions, users can search through thousands of objects from the Litchfield Historical Society collection, including clothing, furniture, needlework, paintings, prints, drawings, household objects, and more. This 6,000 item database represents a third of our total collection, so please be sure to check back in often, since staff is adding new records and additional information every day.
To explore the Historical Society’s collections through Collection Space, please see our website at www.litchfieldhistoricalsosciety.org and click on the online collections link.
The Litchfield Historical Society is located at 7 South Street, Litchfield, CT. For more information about research, our collections, or our museum hours, please call (860) 567-4501 or see www.litchfieldhistoricalsociety.org.