Community Bulletin Board
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
- 25th Anniversary of the Rivera Memorial Foundation Scholarship Awards Banquet
- Dog Listener coming to Silas Bronson February 21st
- The Wildest Opens TONIGHT at Seven Angels Theatre
Celtic Crossroads at The Palace Theater
Waterbury will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day a few days early when western Ireland’s most talented export, Celtic Crossroads, bring the past, present and future of Irish music to the Palace Theater on Wednesday, March 13, at 7:30p.m. Tickets for the group’s World Fusion Tour are $45 and $35 and can be purchased by phone at 203-346-2000, online at www.palacetheaterct.org, or in person at the box office, 100 East Main Street.
Critically-acclaimed as “one of the most authentic and exhilarating shows to come from Ireland in decades,” Celtic Crossroads features a bold, young group of seven world-class musicians, who began their journey busking on the streets of Galway in the west of Ireland. The cast, all sons and daughters of musicians steeped in the tradition of the Emerald Isle’s most cherished, handed-down tunes, collectively play over twenty instruments and are redefining the way Celtic music is experienced and performed. Their international World Fusion Tour offers audiences an explosion of youthful energy and dazzling musicianship that abounds with fusions of traditional Irish music, bluegrass, gypsy, and jazz. Each performance is a tribute to their relatives and their country, and each song is played with wild and raucous energy that reenergizes the soul and leaves their audiences stomping for more.
The name Celtic Crossroads originates from a time in Ireland when neighboring communities met at the crossroads between towns and villages to socialize long before the pub tradition began. With a focus on keeping the tradition of Irish music alive, each performer nurtures this bygone concept, but by virtue of their young age and raw talent, they high-kick this tradition into the twenty-first century.
For more information on Celtic Crossroads, visit http://www.celticcrossroads.ie.
ABOUT THE PALACE THEATER
The Palace's primary purpose is to revitalize the Greater Waterbury community through the presentation of the performing arts and educational initiatives in collaboration with area cultural and educational institutions. Its mission is to build a strong sense of community and an appreciation for the arts by operating, maintaining and sustaining itself as a financially viable not-for-profit performing arts center that generates a positive artistic, educational, social and financial impact on the Greater Waterbury area. For more information, visit: www.palacetheaterct.org.
The Palace Theater gratefully acknowledges support by: Bank of America, Comcast, Crystal Rock, City of Waterbury, Connecticut Commission on Culture and Tourism, Naugatuck Savings Bank, Republican-American, Waterbury Hospital, Webster Bank, and WTNH/MyTV9.