Community Bulletin Board
- WATERBURY GREEN TO BE WIRED FOR WIFI
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
NVCC March Events
MAR.2 -- HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL TRIP: NVCC students will visit Harvard Medical School and attend the New England Science Symposium, where they will present, share research and discuss careers in the science field with students at all levels of study. The trip is sponsored by the Human Biology club and led by Jianyu Zheng, Ph.D., associate professor of biology. For more information contact Dr. Zheng at email@example.com, 203-596-2162\
MAR.7 -- WOMEN’S DAY RECOGNITION & TEA CEREMONY: In honor of Women’s Day, President De Filippis will recognize several female students for their ability to overcome adversity while attending NVCC. The ceremony will take place from 2:30 p.m. - 4:00p.m. in the Technology Hall Dining Room, 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury.
MAR.23 -- MASTER OF MARTIAL ARTS HONORS: Come and meet the "best and brightest" - a select group of martial arts teachers who will be honored by their peers in a first-of-its-kind awards event open to the general public. There will be live performances, celebrity guests, information booths and more! Families are welcome. The event will raise funds for a selected charity; donations will be taken at the door. Vendors will be open from 4 – 10 p.m. in the Ruth Ann Leever Atrium, Fine Arts Center, 750 Chase Parkway. The honors ceremony will start at 7 p.m. For more information visit nv.edu/events
MAR.27 -- CONFLUENCIA: Join NVCC for Confluencia at the Palace Danbury, 165 Main Street, Danbury. This is a special night to honor talented writers and all they have achieved in their life's work and a way to share their personal experiences with others. Featured poets include: Esther Cohenbio of New York City; Jose Gonzalez, Ph.D., professor of English at U.S. Coast Guard Academy in New London, CT; Dimitri Rimsky of Washington, CT Although the program is offered free of charge, we request that you make reservations if you wish to attend. The program begins at 5:30 p.m. Please call 203-575-8044 or 203-575-8083 to reserve your seat.
# # #
Naugatuck Valley Community College was established in 1992 with the merging of Waterbury State Technical College and Mattatuck Community College as a public, two-year, associate degree granting, co-educational, non-residential institution. Approximately 11,000 degree and 5,000 non-degree students enroll annually in over 100 accredited and non-credit lifelong learning programs at the College to fulfill their educational goals. NVCC is one of 17 institutions governed by the Connecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education. The College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Connecticut Board of Governors for Higher Education and several programs maintain specialized accreditations. The College is located on a 110-acre campus at 750 Chase Parkway, Waterbury, Connecticut, at exit 18 off Interstate 84 near the junction of Route 8 and in Danbury at 183 Main Street and WestConn. Visit nv.edu for more information.