Community Bulletin Board
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
StayWell Receives Grant for Cancer Screenings
StayWell Health Center recently received a $55,000 grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). This grant was intended to help StayWell improve access to services, quality of care, and clinical outcomes for cervical cancer screenings in women. This grant allowed the agency to hire a new Licensed Practical Nurse to track follow-up cervical screenings that are conducted outside of the agency. This will help StayWell in its goal to increase the number of women patients, ages 24-64, whom are screened for cervical cancer.
This expansion of screening efforts will benefit StayWell’s Women’s Health patients, as early detection of cervical cancer makes it much easier to treat. Says Gloria Gannon, the new LPN hired as part of the grant, “I’m happy to be actively involved in StayWell’s commitment to women’s health. My goal is to support StayWell in increasing and maintaining cervical cancer screenings to improve outcomes for our patients.”
StayWell Health Care, Inc. is committed to providing high quality, community health care and social services, including preventive medical, dental, and mental health services to the underserved population of the Greater Waterbury community. StayWell Health Care, Inc. has adopted a comprehensive, community based approach to serving people by providing education, advocacy, and bilingual/bicultural services. All patients are accepted regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status.