Community Bulletin Board
- Quilts that Care Meeting on Feb.2nd
- Influential Business CEO Speaker Series
- 50 Shades Comes to the Palace Theater!
- Staywell Health Care Receives State Grant
- Rep. Noujaim, DEEP Commissioner to Tour Former Brownfield Sites
- Upcoming 'Chicago' Auditions
- Learn to the Art of Mah Jongg
- Indoor Farmer's Market in Litchfield
- Representative Butler Receives Committee Assignments
- Winter Coat Give Away
- Chamber Legistative Breakfast is Coming Up
- Upcoming Events at Seven Angels
StayWell Receives Grant for Cancer Screenings
StayWell Health Center recently received a $55,000 grant from the US Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA). This grant was intended to help StayWell improve access to services, quality of care, and clinical outcomes for cervical cancer screenings in women. This grant allowed the agency to hire a new Licensed Practical Nurse to track follow-up cervical screenings that are conducted outside of the agency. This will help StayWell in its goal to increase the number of women patients, ages 24-64, whom are screened for cervical cancer.
This expansion of screening efforts will benefit StayWell’s Women’s Health patients, as early detection of cervical cancer makes it much easier to treat. Says Gloria Gannon, the new LPN hired as part of the grant, “I’m happy to be actively involved in StayWell’s commitment to women’s health. My goal is to support StayWell in increasing and maintaining cervical cancer screenings to improve outcomes for our patients.”
StayWell Health Care, Inc. is committed to providing high quality, community health care and social services, including preventive medical, dental, and mental health services to the underserved population of the Greater Waterbury community. StayWell Health Care, Inc. has adopted a comprehensive, community based approach to serving people by providing education, advocacy, and bilingual/bicultural services. All patients are accepted regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status.