Community Bulletin Board
- Looking to fill Gas Utility Foreman and Experienced Operator and CDL Driver Positions!
- To Kick Off National Poison Prevention Week, Congresswoman Elizabeth Esty Introduces Bill to Prevent Liquid Nicotine Poisoning
- Donate Blood in April for National Volunteer Month
- Jimmy Fund invites local schools to participate in Scooper Schools Program
- Sweet Maria’s Bakery Launches “Cakes for Kids” Initiative, Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Walk Now for Autism Speaks Kickoff event March 16th
- Mario Pavone to perform Street Songs at Mattatuck Museum
- Spring Break Art Classes at the Mattatuck Museum
- City's Leaders Perform with Shakesperience in Sweets to the Sweet
- SHRINE, High Rollers, and Scorpion Bar Recognized as Leading Nightlife Destinations
- Grief Support Group at Harold Leever Regional Cancer Center
- Hospice Care Volunteers Needed
Sewing Volunteers Needed
A Memory Bear, sewn by a volunteer with compassion and love, is a forever friend who can ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS hospice patient.
Sewn from a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe or nightgown, a Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a parent or sibling.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Waterbury is looking for volunteers who love to sew to create Memory Bears for those mourning the death of a loved one. The fabric is provided by the family; the support is provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the volunteer.
Find out more about sewing Memory Bears and other VITAS volunteer opportunities in Connecticut by calling Karen Hale, Manager of Volunteer Services, at 203-437-3111 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is the nation’s largest provider of end-of-life care. A pioneer and leader in the hospice movement since 1978, VITAS has been caring for the terminally ill and their families in Connecticut since 2004.