Community Bulletin Board
- Super Smash Brothers #GameForChange Tournament
- Palace Theater presents Satisfaction
- Birds of Prey at Silas Bronson Library
- Relay for Life Information
- Italian Corned Beef Dinner
- Get Your Disco On at the Palace
- NVCC Hosts College Goal Sunday
- Lou Diamond Phillips Play at Seven Angels
- Financial Aid Night
- Medical Marijuana in Waterbury
- Wine, Cheese and Chocolate Night
- Jane Doe No More Benefit Concert
Sewing Volunteers Needed
A Memory Bear, sewn by a volunteer with compassion and love, is a forever friend who can ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS hospice patient.
Sewn from a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe or nightgown, a Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a parent or sibling.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Waterbury is looking for volunteers who love to sew to create Memory Bears for those mourning the death of a loved one. The fabric is provided by the family; the support is provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the volunteer.
Find out more about sewing Memory Bears and other VITAS volunteer opportunities in Connecticut by calling Karen Hale, Manager of Volunteer Services, at 203-437-3111 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is the nation’s largest provider of end-of-life care. A pioneer and leader in the hospice movement since 1978, VITAS has been caring for the terminally ill and their families in Connecticut since 2004.