Community Bulletin Board
- Effort to Make CT a Better Place to Bike/Walk
- Loughran Heads CCF Development
- Waterbury Residents Save on Prescriptions
- $25,000 Grant to Mattatuck Historical Society
- Exchange Club to Host P.R. Specialist
- Easter Seals Aid Fund & Scholarships
- Scholarship Opportunity for High School Seniors
- Legislators Announce Funding for Waterbury
- Opening for 3 Spring Exhibitions at Museum
- Music @ The Matt: Pianist Julian Toha
- Palace Theater's April Events
- Public Hearing to be held for 'Common Core'
Sewing Volunteers Needed
A Memory Bear, sewn by a volunteer with compassion and love, is a forever friend who can ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS hospice patient.
Sewn from a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe or nightgown, a Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a parent or sibling.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care of Waterbury is looking for volunteers who love to sew to create Memory Bears for those mourning the death of a loved one. The fabric is provided by the family; the support is provided by VITAS and the creativity is provided by the volunteer.
Find out more about sewing Memory Bears and other VITAS volunteer opportunities in Connecticut by calling Karen Hale, Manager of Volunteer Services, at 203-437-3111 or Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org.
VITAS Innovative Hospice Care is the nation’s largest provider of end-of-life care. A pioneer and leader in the hospice movement since 1978, VITAS has been caring for the terminally ill and their families in Connecticut since 2004.