Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Nat'l Hispanic Heritage Month~Poetry Program
Calling All Poets (... and poetry lovers)
First Wednesdays of the month 6:30 pm
Open mic sign-up - 6:20 pm
Silas Bronson Library - 267 Grand St., - Waterbury
Wednesday Sept. 5- 6:30 pm - Hispanic Heritage Program
Calling All Poets ( . . . and poetry lovers) hosted by Victoria Muñoz.
In anticipation of Hispanic Heritage Month (Sept. 15 - Oct 15th), Dr. Marianela Medrano-Marra will be the featured poet at the Calling All Poets ( . . . and poetry lovers) program in the library auditorium.
Dr. Medrano-Marra was born and raised in the Dominican Republic came to Connecticut in 1990. A poet and a writer of both fiction and non-fiction, she holds a Ph.D. in psychology, a professional counselor’s license and certification as a poetry therapist.
Her poetry, which has appeared in numerous anthologies and magazines in Latin America, Europe and the United States, is rich with imagery and metaphor, and often focuses women’s issues. Her will be available for sale and signing. Victoria Muñoz, founder and host of Calling All Poets ( . . . and poetry lovers) and the daughter of Columbia poets, will read poems of her late father in Spanish as well as some of her own in English.
Maria Ines Correa, the head of the library’s department of youth services, will also read poems from her native country, ChileSign-up for open mike begins at 6:20. The program is bilingual. Poems presented in one language will be explained in the other.