Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Rep. Butler Receives Humanitarian Award
Chairman of the Board of NWRMHB Joe Shea presenting the 2012 Legislator Award to State Rep. Larry B. Butler
State Representative Larry B. Butler (D-Waterbury) was recently honored by the Northwest Regional Mental Health Board with their “2012Legislative Award”. Rep. Butler received the award for his work on SB 94, An Act Preventing Discrimination Against Evictions of People with Mental Disabilities. The special legislative award is presented to people that have made significant contributions to individuals with mental challenges.
“It was an honor to receive such a prestigious award,” said Rep. Butler. “I'm always proud to advocate and fight for legislation for those that don't have the resources to fight for themselves.”
The association honored Rep. Butler and others at its annual meeting June 28th in the Nutmeg Ballroom at the Crowne Plaza in Southbury. Joe Shea, Chairman of the Board of NWRMHB made the presentation.
Rep. Butler is House chairman of the legislature’s Housing Committee. He is also a member of the Finance and Human Services Committees.
The Northwest Regional Mental Health Board, is a private, not-for-profit corporation, funded by the Department of Mental Health and Addition Services and the municipalities it serves.
Rep. Butler is in his 3rd term serving the 72nd House District in Waterbury