Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
StayWell Health Care Expands OB/GYN Focus
Dr. Maria N. Achong, MC, FACOG, has joined StayWell Health Care, Inc. as an OB/GYN Physician. Dr. Achong comes to StayWell as part of a distinguished career in medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology, specifically. Dr. Achong is currently also working as an Assistant Professor at the Yale University School of Medicine and as an Attending Physician at St. Vincent’s Medical Center. Among Dr. Achong’s numerous notable achievements are awards from the National Medical Association and a membership in the Yale Obstetrical and Gynecological Society.
Dr. Achong will be specializing in High Risk OB/GYN care at StayWell. The expanded services are in response to the rising need for OB/GYN care for uninsured and community members covered by Medicaid. Says Chief Development Director, Christine Bianchi, “While in the past we have had great community partners who have provided these services to high risk patients, the capacity to provide them on-site will improve access and the rates of completion.” One Women’s Health issue upon which StayWell has and will continue to place emphasis is on PAP tests and early detection. In 2011, there were over 5,500 patients at StayWell who would be clinically indicated for a PAP test (women between the ages of 24-64).
StayWell Health Care, Inc. is committed to providing high quality, community health care and social services, including preventive medical, dental, and mental health services to the underserved population of the Greater Waterbury community. StayWell Health Care, Inc. has adopted a comprehensive, community based approach to serving people by providing education, advocacy, and bilingual/bicultural services. All patients are accepted regardless of their ability to pay or insurance status.