Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Merritt featured at "Calling All Poets..."
Donna Marie Merritt
Donna Marie Merritt will be the featured poet at this month’s Calling All Poets ( . . . and poetry lovers) program Wednesday, June 6 at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Silas Bronson Library, 267 Grand St. The program, which is free and open to the public, is hosted by Victoria Muñoz. Those wanting to participate in the Open Mic part of the program can sign-up at 6:20.
Donna Marie Merritt is the author of the Poetry for Tough Times series including “Cancer, a Caregiver’s View” and “Job Loss, A Journey in Poetry. A third book is due out this year.
Ms. Merritt is an educator, columnist, author of fifteen award-winning books, as well as of stories and poetry for children, teens and adults. Her work has appeared in such publications as Book Links, Metro Parent, Partnership for Learning, Signs of the Times, NEA Today, Liguorian, Children's Writer, The Word Leader, Highlights High Five, Potluck, Discovery Trails, and Wee Ones.