Community Bulletin Board
- 'Brass Valley: Made in America' Exhibit
- IMTI Installs Solar Panel System
- Local Senators support Firefighter Fundraiser
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Summer Exhibits at the Mattatuck Museum
- Connecticut Museum Open House Day~June 8
- Waterbury Health Care Council Awards
- NAMI announces T-Shirt Contest Winner
- Dolce Fundraiser for Cardiology Center, 6/29
- StayWell Receives Patient-Centered Certification
- American Jazz at Museum’s 1st Thursday
- Palace Theater's 2013-14 Broadway Series
Airborne Jazz Trio at Mattatuck 1st Thursday
The Mattatuck Museum will feature the Airborne Jazz trio, a multi-cultural contemporary jazz group at First Thursday on June 7, 2012 from 5:30 - 7:30pm.
Jump onboard the Airborne Experience! Enjoy the band’s hot rhythms of standards, contemporary and smooth jazz. Based in New Haven, the group was formed in the 1980’s and includes Thomas Borino on piano, guitarist Greg Borino and Thomas Sansone on saxophone and flute. These veterans of jazz celebrate years of recordings, jazz festivals, concerts, and clubs and have toured in Europe, Japan and across the United States.
First Thursday is a great way to meet up with friends, network with business associates and enjoy live music. To purchase tickets in advance call Cathy Filippone at (203) 753-0381 ext 10. Or go to the website at www.mattatuckmuseum.org for more information and to register online. Admission is $7 for museum members and $15 for non-members. Join the museum or renew your membership on First Thursday and admission is free!
Visit the museum website at www.MattatuckMuseum.org or call us at (203) 753-0381 for more information on all of the museum’s programs, events, and exhibits including the Blue Star Museum Program which offers free admission for active duty personnel and their families through Labor Day.
The Mattatuck Museum is operated with support from the Department of Economic and Community Development/Connecticut Office of the Arts, and is a member of the Connecticut Art Trail, sixteen world-class museums and historic sites (www.arttrail.org). Located at 144 West Main Street, Waterbury, the museum is open Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Convenient, free parking is located behind the museum on Park Place.