Community Bulletin Board
- Pepe's Pizzeria Comes to the Brass City
- 'Inspiration' Fundraiser Top Sponsors
- Spring Break Family Programs @ The MATT
- Railroad Museum Appoints New Trustee
- 'Ode to Joy' Concert by Waterbury Symphony
- Blues Hall of Famer~Chris Vitarello~at Fundraiser
- Cheryl Bentyne of Manhattan Transfer at Poli Club
- Free 'Live Well' Diabetes Workshops
- Phantom of The Opera 2017 Premier
- Cactus Show at NVCC ~ April 1 & 2
- New Home for 'Quilts that Care'
- Poetry Slam Competition
Message in a Bottle by Don Coppock
Thailand Is My Home
I’ve lived in Thailand 3 years now and have come to regard it as home. I’m still American, and of course that has certain obligations, though they’re diminishing. I liked America fine, but the prospect of growing old there as a single childless man just didn't appeal to me, so I decided to search for a better life, and thus far I haven't regretted it.
Shifting Job Market
By Don Coppock
Ok. You’re out of a job. It’s been awhile and you’re investigating possibilities. You notice an ad for a human scarecrow. Hey it’s something, so you check it out.
You’re told you’ll have to lose a few pounds, a scarecrow has to be bouncy, energetic and limber—‘Think of a herky-jerky Howdy Doody’ the guy chuckles. Then he asks you to jump around a bit and wave your arms in a threatening manner.