Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
Message in a Bottle by Don Coppock
Thailand Is My Home
I’ve lived in Thailand 3 years now and have come to regard it as home. I’m still American, and of course that has certain obligations, though they’re diminishing. I liked America fine, but the prospect of growing old there as a single childless man just didn't appeal to me, so I decided to search for a better life, and thus far I haven't regretted it.
Shifting Job Market
By Don Coppock
Ok. You’re out of a job. It’s been awhile and you’re investigating possibilities. You notice an ad for a human scarecrow. Hey it’s something, so you check it out.
You’re told you’ll have to lose a few pounds, a scarecrow has to be bouncy, energetic and limber—‘Think of a herky-jerky Howdy Doody’ the guy chuckles. Then he asks you to jump around a bit and wave your arms in a threatening manner.