Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
In Synk by Jim Szynkiewicz
Have you ever stopped to wonder how much effort is being invested by political and commercial interests into creating a bubble of ignorance in which the naive can dwell while being fleeced? The objective is to divert your attention as an individual from real issues by playing up situations which have little or no bearing on true priorities. One could call it life in virtual reality on a real planet.
Phoenix Soil is currently applying for the renewal of permits it requires to continue operation. Phoenix Soil has been operating without a waste license for six years, and without an air permit which expired last summer. Recent media reports have quoted a Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) employee saying that a renewal of the permits is "likely".