Community Bulletin Board
- UNICO Scholarship Awards Dinner, May 28
- Post University partners with Masonicare
- Crosby H.S. in CT Innovation Exposition
- Award Winning Musical, Jersey Boys, at Palace
- CT Law Firm Joins Driver Safety Campaign
- Farm Viability Grant for Brass City Harvest
- State Grant to Revitalize Vacant Parcels
- Gallery Tour at Museum~ April 23
- Palace Theater Announces May Line-Up
- Rep. Cuevas appointed to M.O.R.E. Committee
- Annual Arts Show in Naugatuck
- Fulton Park Clean-up And Restoration April 21
Community Bulletin Board
Join Easter Seals for a walk that is short on mileage, but big on heart! On Sunday, June 10, hundreds of supporters will participate in the Family Fun Walk at Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury.
On Monday, May 14, 2012, Carmen A. Vacalebre, owner of the Carmen Anthony Restaurant Group, signed and accepted an "offer to purchase" for the Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Avon from Anthony Giraulo of The Grist Mill of Farmington. The closing of the sale is scheduled for Tuesday, May 29, 2012. After 13 years of operation, The Carmen Anthony Fishhouse of Avon will close its doors on Saturday, May 26th.The restaurant will be serving lunch and dinner for the final time from noon until 10pm.
More than 50 employees from Webster Bank will participate in Junior Achievement’s “JA in a Day” program at Tinker Elementary School in Waterbury on Thursday, May 24th as part of the Bank’s longstanding commitment to financial literacy.
Village Green of Waterbury, a member of the Revera Inc., family is pleased to welcome Liz McAdam as the center’s new Rehabilitation Director.
The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) of New York, NY has awarded $2.8 million in grants to four organizations across the U.S. The Connecticut AIDS Resource Coalition of Hartford, CT is one of the chosen four recipients of the grant funding. The Coalition will be at the forefront of the Connecticut Integrated Healthcare and Housing Neighborhoods initiative. As part of the initiative, Patient Navigators will be hired at various health care and housing agencies across Connecticut.
The Mattatuck Museum presents the second of three lectures in their Spring Lunch & Learn Series, Capturing the Mystery and Beauty of Venice with Judy Kollias on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 from 11:30am-12:30pm.
The Mattatuck Museum will feature the Airborne Jazz trio, a multi-cultural contemporary jazz group at First Thursday on June 7, 2012 from 5:30 - 7:30pm.