Community Bulletin Board
- Business Women's Forum ~ Oct. 10th
- Calling All Poets ~ Sept. 3rd
- 7 Angels Theater Honors Najla Noujaim
- Wesson Energy Receives National Award
- Thomaston Svgs. Bank Helps Project Safe Place
- Cornwall Bridge 150th Anniversary Events
- Esty Announces Returns of $2.2 Million
- Post's Polaski is Academic All-American
- Waterbury Police Click It or Ticket
- Women's Forum Names Chairperson
- Sacred Heart H.S. Names Top Students
- Greater Waterbury Grads ~ Quinnipiac University
Waterbury Observer Advertising Rates
The Waterbury Observer is a independent local news magazine with a circulation of 14,000. It is a free publication distributed monthly at 350 locations throughout Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Naugatuck, Prospect, Middlebury, Morris, Thomaston & Litchfield.
Most businesses advertise to reach new customers. The greater Waterbury market is changing constantly. New families in the area mean new customers to reach. Advertising gives you a long-term advantage over competitors who cut back or cancel advertising. A five year survey of more than 3,000 companies found advertisers who maintain or expand advertising over a five year period see their sales increase. Companies which cut advertising had their sales decreases.
How do I advertise in the Waterbury Observer?
There are two types of clients that the Observer deals with on a regular basis;
1. The corporate client who produces their own digital ad and e-mails it directly to the Observer. In general these clients know what they want, and when they want it. The biggest question is cost, which can be easily answered by checking out the 2011 Observer Rate Card.
2. The small business owner who knows that he/she wants to market their business, but they are unsure about size, frequency and cost. These clients will need some professional help navigating through the process, and the Observer team has more than 40 years of experience to help make the journey smoother. The Observer is happy to accept fully produced ads, but the majority of the ads in each issue are conceptualized and produced by the Observer. We will help you with photographs and design that will help your business attract new customers.
How much does an ad cost in the Waterbury Observer?
The cost of an ad depends on the size of the ad and the frequency in which it is placed in the Observer. Sizes range from a one column by one inch ad for $16, all the way up to a full page color ad for $875, with many sizes and costs in between. There are frequency and pre-payment discounts that can amount to a 20% savings.
What is the deadline for placing an ad?
We need the space reservation by the last day of the month. To place your ad in the April issue of the Observer you must have made a space reservation by the last day in March. For May, the reservation must be placed by April 30th, and so on...
Contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-203-754-4238
Our open rate is $16 per column inch.
With frequency discounts and prepayment discounts you can save as much as 22%!
Ads may be purchased by the column inch. Each inch is $16. For Example: a 1 column by 3" ad = $48; a 2 column by 2" ad size = $64; a 3 column by 4" ad = $192
- 3% for three months
- 6% for siz months
- 9% for nine months
- 12% for a full year
There is an additional 5% discount if you prepay monthly, or an additional 10% if you prepay annually.
There is a 15% discount for nonprofit organizations.
- 1 column width 17/8"
- 2 column witdh 37/8"
- 3 column width 57/8"
- 4 column width 77/8"
- 5 column width 10"
We will make every effort to meet placement requests but specific placement cannot be guaranteed.
Reservation for advertising space must be made by the 30th of the month prior to publication.
Spot Color is available for an additional $100. Four Color is an additional $200.
- The Waterbury Observer is a monthly community newspaper
- 70% of Observer readers read every issue cover to cover
- 67% of our readers are in the 18-49 year old age group
- 66% of Observer readers are home owners
- 55% of our readers are women and 45% are men
- 49% of our readers attended college
- We distribute 14,000 copies at over 350 locations throughout Greater Waterbury
– Results based on Annual Reader's Survey