Community Bulletin Board
- Love a Lilac
- Improving Air Quality
- What's Happening in Waterbury and Beyond
- TURN to a Historian at the Litchfield Historical Society
- A Night at the Boys and Girls Club
- Call for Hall of Fame Nominations
- President Trump Signs Two Esty-Authored Bills
- Safety Classes at Railroad Museum
- College Scholarship Opportunities
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- Markley and Zupkus Town Hall Meeting
- Click It Or Ticket Enforced Over Holiday Season
Hurricane Katrina blasted the coastline of Mississippi and Louisiana on August 30th and submerged New Orleans under ten feet of water. The unprecedented crisis flattened entire communities along the Gulf Coast, triggered the complete evacuation of New Orleans, and transformed 500,000 U.S. citizens into refugees right here on American soil.
During the ten years I’ve published the Observer in greater Waterbury I’ve met thousands of people. I’ve interviewed the powerful, the wicked and the oppressed. I’m friendly with many influential people in the city, but only two broke through my journalistic barrier to become my friend, one of them is community activist Andy Michaud.